[OmniOS-discuss] Aggregation Link fails with flow-control enabled

David Seira dseira at stackscale.com
Wed Sep 3 11:05:19 UTC 2014

I'm testing the OmniOS for our storage system. I have a server with two 10G
intel network card using the driver ixgbe.

I've done the following steps:

- Create an aggregation interface:

dladm create-aggr -d ixgbe0 -d ixgbe1 aggr0
ipadm create-if aggr0
ipadm create-addr -T static -a 1.2.3.4/24 aggr0/v4

- Add a flow-control for the aggregation interface:

flowadm add-flow -l aggr0 -a local_ip=1.2.3.4 flow_aggr0

After this, if I shutdown one of the interfaces in the switch I loose the
connectivity with the server. It seems that the aggregation doesn't forward
the traffic to the other interface.

Having one of the ports in the switch down, and without connectivity with
the server because of the above issue; If I remove the flow (through the
console, of course), the server goes online immediately.

If I add the flow again, the server is innacessible again.

It seems an incompatibility with the aggreation interfaces and the flow
control.

I've tested this bug with the r151006 and r151010 releases with the same
result.

The hardware where I've tested is:

- Dell PowerEdge R720 with an Intel X520 dual port 10G/SFP
- Dell PowerEdge C6220 with 10G mezzanine dual port

Does anyone know what can be the problem? Has anyone experienced a similar
issue?

Best regards.