[OmniOS-discuss] NFSv4 client soft lockups

matthew lagoe matthew.lagoe at subrigo.net
Fri Sep 12 17:50:56 UTC 2014

I do not know if it is relevant but I came from open Indiana and it had a
similar issue where nfsv4 had a bug that wouldn't unlock files

Valrhona <valrhona at gmail.com> wrote:

Not sure if this is the same issue, but I had the same behavior with
Windows 8.1 on my laptop; everything has been fine for many months
with clients running Win 7, Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS,
OpenIndiana and XStreamOS (Illumos-based). But the Win 8.1 laptop
causes NFSv4 to lock up, and (obviously) blocks the rest of the
clients from accessing the server when it does, until NFS is reset.

Interestingly, it doesn't seem to do this immediately; NFSv4 works
just fine for maybe 15 minutes before the lockup occurs, but I haven't
exactly troubleshot the details. Is there a particular log file which
might be helpful to examine? Thanks!

Peter

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 11:25 AM, Derek Yarnell <derek at umiacs.umd.edu>
wrote:

> On 9/12/14 11:05 AM, Schweiss, Chip wrote:
>> Is you RHEL 6.5 client a virtual machine?   If so this message is a red
>> herring to your problem.
>>
>> See the VMware KB article:

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=dis
playKC&externalId=1009996

>> I run all NFSv4 from CentOS 6.5 to OmniOS, but do not use kerberos.
It's