[OmniOS-discuss] Quick question --> FTP server usage in OmniOS?

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Sat Sep 13 00:31:34 UTC 2014

Recently, but after the freeze for r151012, the FTP server was removed from illumos-gate.  This means that it will be removed from the illumos-omnios gate for the new bloody (r151013) and the next stable+LTS (r151014).

I'm curious if this is a big loss or not for our users.  If it IS, then clearly part of the 013 bloody cycle is to replace the removed FTP server with something else, OR continue to maintain it.  I'm inclined not to replace it, unless I get a large mob of torch-and-pitchfork-wielding folks.

Curious,