[OmniOS-discuss] problems with kayak r151010

Doug Hughes doug at will.to
Tue Sep 16 03:46:41 UTC 2014

On 9/15/2014 8:28 PM, Dan McDonald wrote:

> On Sep 15, 2014, at 8:24 PM, Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> wrote:
>

>> Actually... I'd fixed these in the bloody branch, and have fixed them as well in the r151012 branch.  If you checkout either of those branches, you should see the mods (and a comment reminding future folks to keep 'em up to date).
>
> To be fair, I fixed them VERY RECENTLY, bloody in August, and r151012 just last week when I created that branch in the kayak repo.
>
> Sorry for not putting 2 + 2 together sooner,
> Dan

I can confirm that miniroot is available in r151012! That's good. Also
the zfs build image builds cleanly. However, something appears to be
wrong with either the miniroot. I'm pretty sure it's the mintroot based
upon the fact that the tftp load completes successfully and then the
traceback happens.

after miniroot loads, I see this:
Unexpected trap
error code           0x0
instruction pointer  0xfffffffffb8a96b4
code segment         0x28
flags register       0x10097
return %rsp          0xc109a0
return %ss           0x8
Attempting stack backtrace:
Stack traceback:
Unexpected trap
error code           0x0
instruction pointer  0xfffffffffb87e5de
code segment         0x28
flags register       0x10046
return %rsp          0xc10808
return %ss           0x8
Attempting stack backtrace:
Stack traceback:
Nested trap
Press any key to reboot.

Has anybody seen this? (I used the miniroot from the package vs building
one).

I built the miniroot from the kayak build-image.sh and that one boots
successfully.

This miniroot, as has been the case for past miniroot, seems to be
missing {/lib/,/usr/lib}/libintl* which means that the curl attempts to
fetch the kayak build image and the mac address config file fail. also
/usr/lib/libidn* (and /usr/lib/amd64/libidn* and /usr/lib/amd64/libintl*
and /lib/amd64/libintl*)

luckily, miniroot.gz is relatively easy to modify. =)