[OmniOS-discuss] problems with kayak r151010

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Tue Sep 16 04:26:45 UTC 2014

On Sep 15, 2014, at 11:46 PM, Doug Hughes <doug at will.to> wrote:

> I can confirm that miniroot is available in r151012! That's good. Also the zfs build image builds cleanly. However, something appears to be wrong with either the miniroot. I'm pretty sure it's the mintroot based upon the fact that the tftp load completes successfully and then the traceback happens.

Keep in mind, the r151012 OmniOS repo is NOT OFFICIALLY OUT yet.  It may go under a full update.  Kayak testing is one of the things on the agenda still.  You may have saved someone here some time, however.

> after miniroot loads, I see this:
> Unexpected trap
> error code           0x0
> instruction pointer  0xfffffffffb8a96b4
> code segment         0x28
> flags register       0x10097
> return %rsp          0xc109a0
> return %ss           0x8
> Attempting stack backtrace:
> Stack traceback:
> Unexpected trap
> error code           0x0
> instruction pointer  0xfffffffffb87e5de
> code segment         0x28
> flags register       0x10046
> return %rsp          0xc10808
> return %ss           0x8
> Attempting stack backtrace:
> Stack traceback:
> Nested trap
> Press any key to reboot.
>

> Has anybody seen this? (I used the miniroot from the package vs building one).

Huh... I have theories, but none of them may be easy to prove.

> I built the miniroot from the kayak build-image.sh and that one boots successfully.
>
> This miniroot, as has been the case for past miniroot, seems to be missing {/lib/,/usr/lib}/libintl* which means that the curl attempts to fetch the kayak build image and the mac address config file fail. also /usr/lib/libidn* (and /usr/lib/amd64/libidn* and /usr/lib/amd64/libintl* and /lib/amd64/libintl*)
>
> luckily, miniroot.gz is relatively easy to modify. =)

Thank you for this.  I'll make sure I keep all of this in mind when we get to Kayak verification.