[OmniOS-discuss] beadm activate issue (and pkg update fails to install boot files)

Tom Robinson tom.robinson at motec.com.au
Wed Sep 24 05:40:16 UTC 2014

On 24/09/14 15:35, Dan McDonald wrote:
> On Sep 24, 2014, at 1:33 AM, Tom Robinson <tom.robinson at motec.com.au> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Dan, I can see where you're going with that idea. Should I pay any attention to:
>>
>> Partition 0 of the disk has an incorrect offset
>> Unable to gather device information for /dev/rdsk/c4t3d0s0
> That is a bit disturbing.
>
> What about the other one in the mirror?  c4t2d0s0 ?
Nothing reported by beadm. I'm not sure if c4t3d0s0 is first or last according to installgrub. Is
the only way to tell by running installgrub? I get nervous at this point. Also my next maintenance
window will most likely not be until next week.

In theory, installgrub shouldn't have any influence on the currently booted system, right?