[OmniOS-discuss] Managing KVM virtual machines

Filip Marvan filip.marvan at aira.cz
Mon Sep 29 09:59:27 UTC 2014

Hello Jorge,

thank you for reply. I found another quite simply solution. When I set sevice
properties in manifest like this:

<property_group name='startd' type='framework'>

                    <propval name='duration' type='astring' value='contract'
/>

                    <propval name='ignore_error' type='astring'
value='core,signal' />

</property_group>

it does exactly what I need. Qemu process is still monitored by SMF, but when
process stoped (because of shutdown from guest), SMF will not restart process
again, but service is switched to maintanance mode.

So now when I list KVM services, I can see, which are running (are online) and
which are not (are maintanance).

Filip