[OmniOS-discuss] Managing KVM virtual machines

Filip Marvan filip.marvan at aira.cz
Mon Sep 29 14:40:04 UTC 2014

For shutdown from host I'm using monitor and "system_powerdown" qemu command
through netcat exactly as you wrote before, and I have this configured in
service manifest as well.

So on system halt it cleanly shutdown all my vm's with ACPI support, there is
no problem with that.

I think that it finally solved all my problems with KVM on OmniOS. I can see
if vm's are running or not, they are not restarted automatically after
shutdown from guest and I'm able to cleanly shutdown them with: svcadm disable
vmname.

Filip