[OmniOS-discuss] Ang: Infiniband In Omni

Johan Kragsterman johan.kragsterman at capvert.se
Mon Sep 29 17:33:09 UTC 2014

-----"OmniOS-discuss" <omnios-discuss-bounces at lists.omniti.com> skrev: -----
Från: Matthew Mabis
Sänt av: "OmniOS-discuss"
Datum: 2014-09-29 19:21
Kopia: "omnios-discuss at lists.omniti.com" <omnios-discuss at lists.omniti.com>
Ärende: [OmniOS-discuss] Infiniband In Omni

Hey All

I was wondering if someone who has been using IB in their lab has any good advice for someone just starting to integrate IB into their ZFS environment.  I have Connect-X (HCA) Card put into the host ( i do have a CX3 but i have heard its not natively supported and there were issues with the drivers) what i am looking for is this

    Any Best Practices for using IPoIB with OmniOS?
    Should i use the Stock drivers build into solaris (are there different ones that work better more stable?)
    Are there Management tools i can install to run further tests?
    Any other Guidelines you might recommend.

What i am going to attempt is my 3 ESXI hosts have CX-3 (VPI Pro Cards) connected to a SX6012 Switch i have a CX4 to QSFP cable coming to hook it into the switch and wanted to see if there would be any problems (yes the CX card is 20Gb/s) but this is the best i can offer it based on the drivers.

Anything someone might see as an issue (Gonna try iSCSI/NFS with This method direct lines to the hosts) uses CIFS on the 1Gb Ether.
Thanks
Matt Mabis

Well, I'm interested in that!

Why not try srp?

Can you run srp initiator from VmWare? Perhaps not ESXi, but from ESX? Have you thought of OpenSM?

Rgrds Johan