[OmniOS-discuss] Ang: Re: pkg update

Johan Kragsterman johan.kragsterman at capvert.se
Thu Apr 2 15:34:52 UTC 2015

Hi!

-----Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> skrev: -----
Till: Johan Kragsterman <johan.kragsterman at capvert.se>
Från: Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com>
Datum: 2015-04-02 16:31
Kopia: omnios-discuss at lists.omniti.com
Ärende: Re: [OmniOS-discuss] pkg update

> On Apr 2, 2015, at 10:18 AM, Johan Kragsterman <johan.kragsterman at capvert.se> wrote:
>

> Hi!
>

> I'm a bit confused here...
>
> I ran an update, I was on 151010, and wanted to get 151012 before 151014 was released, but it seems I'm still on 151010...
>
> The update went fine, a new BE was created and made active, but....
>

> root at san1:~# cat /etc/release
>  OmniOS v11 r151010
>  Copyright 2014 OmniTI Computer Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved.
>  Use is subject to license terms.
> root at san1:~#

Each release has its own repo server.  You need to update the omnios publisher as such.

Yeah, now I remember this discussion and the change to separate publisher url's for each release. Never used it before, sorry for the noice....

Regards Johan

I can tell you that an upgrade from 010 to 014 is possible and supported ==> tested it myself.  Make sure your non-omnios-publisher packages (e.g. ms.omniti.com) aren't overly restrictive, however.