[OmniOS-discuss] Best infrastructure for VSphere/Hyper-V

Nate Smith nsmith at careyweb.com
Thu Apr 2 16:43:10 UTC 2015

So going over the forum over the last month, it appears more than a couple people have had problem with Omnios as a storage backend for virtualization platforms, both as iSCSI targets and as Fibre Channel targets. Looking at a list of possible alternatives, what infrastructure works well?

Is it limited to NFS on VSphere, or is there some way I can get this working with Hyper-V (which would be vastly preferable due to licensing advantages for me)?

-Nate