[OmniOS-discuss] 014 NGZ: beadm problems

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Mon Apr 6 20:59:50 UTC 2015

On Apr 6, 2015, at 4:13 PM, Volker A. Brandt <vab at bb-c.de> wrote:

> The zone works fine.  However, when I look at the current BEs inside the NGZ I
> get this:
>
>  omnit1# beadm list
>  BE  Active Mountpoint Space Policy Created
>  zbe xNb2015-04-06 18:35 /          510M  static 2015-04-06 18:35

Yeah, that's very odd.  I just created a zone on one of my 014 vms, and didn't see your problem.

I *did* have an old zone from 012 previously on that particular one.

So I tried again on one I'm pretty sure never saw a zone prior to a fresh-from-ISO-or-kayak installation.  No problems there either.

> To make a long story short, testing on another zone with the "ipkg" as opposed
> to the "lipkg" brand produces the same result.
>
> The only relevant bug I could find is #3845 but that is marked resolved:
>
>  https://www.illumos.org/issues/3845
>
> What am I doing wrong?  How could I tackle this?  I have checked the obvious,
> i.e. a missing libuuid, but it is there and gets pulled in properly.

I'm honestly not sure what you're doing wrong.

I noticed only one difference just now, but that really shouldn't matter:  I use exclusive-stack zones... exclusively.  You used shared-stack.  I can't believe that'd make a difference...

... and it didn't.  It's working for me.

I'll try a fresh install on this VM, just to make sure it's all good.

Thanks,