[OmniOS-discuss] ZFS data set corruption

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Tue Apr 14 13:56:02 UTC 2015

> On Apr 14, 2015, at 6:25 AM, Sebastian Gabler <sequoiamobil at gmx.net> wrote:
>
> Now, when trying to destroy 'pool/datasets/corrupted_dataset', I got a kernel panic. The same happened when trying to import -nfF the pool, after forcing an export with the pool not mounted on reboot.

Do you still have those kernel coredumps?  Those help in debugging.  The OmniOS ZFS code is up to date with the upstream illumos-gate code, so this panic exists in the upstream ZFS code as well.  I know some sorts of data corruption will cause ZFS to panic, but they have to be specific types.

If you've the kernel corefiles, please share them.

Thanks,