[OmniOS-discuss] Bug in pkg/server on OmniOS when the publisher name contains a dash

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Mon Apr 20 21:37:47 UTC 2015

> As I understand it (someone please correct me if I'm wrong), we
> cannot use Oracle's pkg-gate unmodified, as it has dependencies on
> closed bits in Solaris for certain features.  Those need to be
> stripped/modified for non-Solaris use, which is what OI has been
> maintaining in their fork, thanks mostly to the hard work of Andrzej
> Szeszo.  Anyone interested in helping refresh
> https://github.com/OpenIndiana/pkg5 from Oracle's gate would benefit
> both communities.

Thanks for the info Eric!  A quick glance at that URL shows that
people are working on it.  Last commit was March 9th by Alexander
Pyhalov.

I'll ping the OI guys as to what kind of effort is needed.  Don't
hold your breath though. :-)

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"