[OmniOS-discuss] What do people use for basic system monitoring?

Chris Siebenmann cks at cs.toronto.edu
Tue Apr 21 20:51:27 UTC 2015

 Out of curiosity: I suspect that plenty of people are gathering basic
system activity stats for their OmniOS systems and pushing them into
modern metrics systems such as graphite (to pick perhaps the most well
known package for this). For those that are doing this, what is your
preferred collection agent?

(My ideal collection agent would be able to gather stats for ZFS,
network and disk IO, and general kernel stats analogous to vmstat
and mpstat.)

 Thanks in advance.

	- cks