[OmniOS-discuss] r151014 feedback

Chris Siebenmann cks at cs.toronto.edu
Thu Apr 23 20:02:28 UTC 2015

> Oddly, removing the SFP modules makes no difference. Replacing the
> modules - still doesn't show up.  I really do expect to see the
> interfaces in dladm show-phys now.. also add_drv still fails to
> attach, which is odd. I feel like this has something to do with fault
> management not clearing state somewhere along the way. This card was
> definitely working just fine and the only thing that changes was the
> latest upgrade, followed by a lot of fmadm stuff, and now it seems
> like the error state has not cleared entirely. We just inserted the
> new intel optics and I tried add_drv ixgbe again, but it still fails
> to attach even though lspci sees the card just fine and it shows up in
> PROM.

 Although this is not necessarily a good long-term solution to the
problem, it might be interesting to boot a Linux live CD on this
hardware and see what happens and what it reports about the hardware. We
have had that magically fix ixgbe copper 10G ports that previously would
only come up at 1G under OmniOS.

(And this magic fix persisted through both reboots and powerdowns.)

	- cks