[OmniOS-discuss] r151014 feedback

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Thu Apr 23 20:07:56 UTC 2015

> On Apr 23, 2015, at 3:58 PM, Doug Hughes <doug at will.to> wrote:
>
> Oddly, removing the SFP modules makes no difference. Replacing the modules - still doesn't show up.  I really do expect to see the interfaces in dladm show-phys now.. also add_drv still fails to attach, which is odd. I feel like this has something to do with fault management not clearing state somewhere along the way. This card was definitely working just fine and the only thing that changes was the latest upgrade, followed by a lot of fmadm stuff, and now it seems like the error state has not cleared entirely. We just inserted the new intel optics and I tried add_drv ixgbe again, but it still fails to attach even though lspci sees the card just fine and it shows up in PROM.

Dammit.

Chris Siebenmann mentions one dead chicken to try, but the catch is, I got the impression that in your old r151012 Boot Environment, everything is working just fine.

Am I correct in understanding that your r151012 BE works fine with these, but the r151014 BE does not?

Once you answer that question, I can make suggestions on how to proceed.

Thanks,