[OmniOS-discuss] User/group with CIFS

Olaf Marzocchi lists at marzocchi.net
Sun Aug 2 15:39:27 UTC 2015

Hello,
in my server (latest stable release) I use netatalk to share files with
OS X and I use CIFS (kernel) for Windows.
I never noticed until now that the files made by the two operating
systems have mismatching and incompatible permissions. This prevents me
from modifying or deleting under an operating system the files created
with the other one.

For example:

-rw-r--r--   1 olaf     olaf         469 Aug  2 17:12 scaletta.txt
                  owner@:rw-p--aARWcCos:-------:allow
                  group@:r-----a-R-c--s:-------:allow
               everyone@:r-----a-R-c--s:-------:allow
-rwx------+  1 olaf     olaf         469 Aug  2 17:12 scaletta2.txt
               user:olaf:rwxpdDaARWcCos:-------:allow
        group:2147483648:rwxpdDaARWcCos:-------:allow

The first one was generated by netatalk and correctly shows the
permissions according to the user/group I used to login, it also
inherited extended ACL according to the parent folder.
The second file was created by Windows 8.1, when connected to my server
using SERVER at username as login (to be sure I am logging in with a user
local to the server), and added strange ACL: user:olaf/group:2147483648

The server is not connected to any AD and I am using a normal workgroup
setup.

Where can I find some info to understand the issue? is there something
obvious I missed? in my configuration?

Thanks!
Olaf Marzocchi