[OmniOS-discuss] supermicro A1SRM-2558F

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Sun Aug 2 18:46:41 UTC 2015

On Sun, 02 Aug 2015 20:23:46 +0200
Jim Klimov <jimklimov at cos.ru> wrote:

> FWIW, Oracle boasted that Fishworks storage had a lot of cores that were quite used in compression, perhaps dedup and encryption (not illumos case), btw you can plug VFS filters like antivirus into zfs since almost forever, etc. As well as processing work of all the server-services. At high loads even interrupt processing has a noticeable cost.

No Windows© here so antivirus is not an issue;-)
No dedub either.
For encryption the CPU comes with Intel® QuickAssist Technology which
by the time encryption is in illumos will be supported to (my best
guess)

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
  I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.