[OmniOS-discuss] auto_master /net not allowing root permission

CJ Keist cj.keist at colostate.edu
Tue Aug 4 18:38:05 UTC 2015

All,
    Running OmniOS SunOS projects1 5.11 omnios-170cea2 and running into
issue where mounting a NFS share on another server is not letting root
to create/modify anything.

On the OmniOS server auto_master:
/net            -hosts          -nosuid,nobrowse
/home           auto_home       -nobrowse

On the NFS server I have the OmniOS server name set with root access as
well as another server (CentOS)

The CentOS server has no problems going to /net/nfsserver/mount and
creating/deleting folders

But the OmniOS system going through /net/nfsserver/mount gets permission
denied when trying to create or delete anything.  But if I manually
mount the nfsserver share:

mount nfsserver:/mount /mnt

And then go into /mnt the OmniOS server can create/delete folders no
issues. It's only through autofs that I get permission denied.

Any Ideas???

root at projects1:/etc#  sharectl get nfs
servers=16
lockd_listen_backlog=32
lockd_servers=20
lockd_retransmit_timeout=5
grace_period=90
server_versmin=2
server_versmax=3
client_versmin=2
client_versmax=3
server_delegation=on
nfsmapid_domain=
max_connections=-1
protocol=ALL
listen_backlog=32
device=
mountd_listen_backlog=64
mountd_max_threads=16

C. J. Keist                     Email: cj.keist at colostate.edu
Systems Group Manager           Solaris 10 OS (SAI)
Engineering Network Services    Phone: 970-491-0630
College of Engineering, CSU     Fax:   970-491-5569
Ft. Collins, CO 80523-1301

All I want is a chance to prove 'Money can't buy happiness'