[OmniOS-discuss] auto_master /net not allowing root permission

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Tue Aug 4 20:57:31 UTC 2015

[...]
> But the OmniOS system going through /net/nfsserver/mount gets
> permission denied when trying to create or delete anything.  But if
> I manually mount the nfsserver share:
>
> mount nfsserver:/mount /mnt
>
> And then go into /mnt the OmniOS server can create/delete folders no
> issues. It's only through autofs that I get permission denied.
>
> Any Ideas???
>
> root at projects1:/etc#  sharectl get nfs
> servers=16
> lockd_listen_backlog=32
> lockd_servers=20
> lockd_retransmit_timeout=5
> grace_period=90
> server_versmin=2
> server_versmax=3
> client_versmin=2
> client_versmax=3
> server_delegation=on
> nfsmapid_domain=
> max_connections=-1
> protocol=ALL
> listen_backlog=32
> device=
> mountd_listen_backlog=64
> mountd_max_threads=16

You have explicitly disabled NFSv4, so you cannot take advantage of
the username mapping features.  Hence your userids must match.  Which
userid are you using to create/delete folders?  What are the mount
options in your automount configuration?  How is the share exported
on the CentOS side?

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"