[OmniOS-discuss] auto_master /net not allowing root permission

CJ Keist cj.keist at colostate.edu
Thu Aug 6 15:35:35 UTC 2015

Here is the mount command for both the autofs and the manully mounted
one. They both look the same:

root at projects2:/net/nasstore2/projects# mount | egrep nasstore2
/mnt on nasstore2:/projects
remote/read/write/setuid/devices/xattr/dev=8780014 on Wed Aug  5
15:10:13 2015
/net/nasstore2/projects on nasstore2:/projects
remote/read/write/setuid/devices/xattr/dev=8780015 on Thu Aug  6
09:24:16 2015

Thank you for the suggestion of creating a world writable folder. I did
this and is what I found.

Going through the manual mount point /mnt, and creating a file it does
get the root:root ownership.
But going through the autofs /net/nasstore2/projects and creating a file
it is getting 99:99 ownership on the file???

Is autofs running as different user than root on OmniOS?

On 8/6/15 2:03 AM, Hugh McIntyre wrote:
> As well as Volker's suggestion, maybe type "mount" when the filesystem
> is mounted under /net or /mnt and compare the reported mount options?
>
> One other debug trick if the filesystem is mounted but gives you
> permission errors creating files is to go to a world writeable
> directory and type "touch abc".  Then check the user/group matches
> what you expect, mainly on the server but also on the client.
>
> Is the NFS server "nfsserver" on OmniOS or Centos or ...?
>
> Hugh.
>

> On 8/4/15 1:57 PM, Volker A. Brandt wrote:
>> [...]
>>> But the OmniOS system going through /net/nfsserver/mount gets
>>> permission denied when trying to create or delete anything. But if
>>> I manually mount the nfsserver share:
>>>
>>> mount nfsserver:/mount /mnt
>>>
>>> And then go into /mnt the OmniOS server can create/delete folders no
>>> issues. It's only through autofs that I get permission denied.
>>>
>>> Any Ideas???
>>>
>>> root at projects1:/etc#  sharectl get nfs
>>> servers=16
>>> lockd_listen_backlog=32
>>> lockd_servers=20
>>> lockd_retransmit_timeout=5