[OmniOS-discuss] auto_master /net not allowing root permission

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Thu Aug 6 19:27:07 UTC 2015

> Attached is picture of the NFS export options on the Dell NAS
> device.
[...]
> Not sure where userid of 99 and group id of 99 is coming from? They
> are not defined in /etc/passwd or /etc/group.

That is really strange.

The next thing I would try is to do network traces of the traffic
between client and server while the mount is done, and again when
you create the folder.  Then look at the captured NFS packets and
compare the calls.

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"