[OmniOS-discuss] PCRE now updated for OmniOS

Peter Tribble peter.tribble at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 10:35:58 UTC 2015

On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 4:21 PM, Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> wrote:

> Several CVEs have been filed against PCRE (Perl Compatible Regular
> Expressions).  All supported versions of OmniOS (r151006, r151014, and
> r151016) have updates of PCRE to version 8.38.
>
> This is a non-reboot-needed update, but you may need to restart certain
> services, especially those not provided by the system.

That's not entirely true, unfortunately. The versions appear to be
overconstrained, so you need to update entire and omnios-userland
in order to see the updated pcre packages (which will require a reboot
if you aren't current). All my machines simply tell me that no updates
are available.

--
-Peter Tribble