[OmniOS-discuss] core dump while trying to import pool

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Sun Dec 6 02:17:39 UTC 2015

On Fri, Dec 04, 2015 at 11:33:09AM -0800, Michael Talbott wrote:
> I also came upon this same issue after rebooting one of my OmniOS machines.
> I did have l2arc devices on my pool until the announcement of the bug
> found. At that point I immediately removed my l2arc devices and didn't
> reboot the machine until a convenient time where if something bad were to
> happen I could manage it. Well, it was good I planned for that reboot ;)

Hmm, out of curiosity, did you run a scrub and a zdb analysis of your
pool before you rebooted? I'm in a similar boat, I have a pool which had
L2ARC devices and might have been impacted by the bug. I removed the
devices, ran a scrub and zdb, with no complaints from either, which left
me reasonably hopeful the pool wasn't corrupted 8-/. I still haven't
rebooted it though, there's really no good time for a pool to go belly
up and potentially be unrecoverable :(. I was planning to do it over
Christmas break, but if you scrubbed and zdb'd your pool successfully
before rebooting and it still died that's gonna make me (extra) nervous
<sigh>.

Thanks...