[OmniOS-discuss] core dump while trying to import pool

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Wed Dec 9 02:31:45 UTC 2015

Ah, mine is only 22TB available with a bit over 10TB in use; it took about
five hours as I recall.

> At any rate, a clean scrub alone is not an indicator of pool health
regarding
> this bug. No clue if a zdb analyses would be a more determining factor.

My understanding of the particular zdb invocation I used is that it scans
every block of data and metadata and verifies its checksum, so I think it
should have found potential corruption, even if scrub did not.

> Since I didn't zdb it first.. Maybe your nerves can be at more ease? Good
luck
> and let me know how things turn out.

Perhaps not more at ease, but at least not less at ease :). Thanks much for
the info.