[OmniOS-discuss] Hung ZFS Pool

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Wed Dec 9 16:27:25 UTC 2015

> On Dec 9, 2015, at 11:22 AM, Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> wrote:
>

>> On Dec 9, 2015, at 11:18 AM, Brian Hechinger <wonko at 4amlunch.net> wrote:
>>
>> It’s brand new!!
>
> Sometimes you get flaky HW that's new.  I've had to return new spinning-rust disks, for example.

Bah. :(

>> Also, I would expect the other slice to be affected as well?  It’s been humming along just fine as SLOG with no errors:
>>
>>       logs
>>         mirror-3    ONLINE       0     0     0
>>           c4t1d0s0  ONLINE       0     0     0
>>           c5t1d0s0  ONLINE       0     0     0
>
> Could just be bad luck your slog hasn't encountered the bad portion of this drive.

I suppose. You think there is a maybe a good way to test this device before I try to get it RMA-ed?

> Also, what OmniOS revision are you running? If you're not up to the latest November r151014 update, you may be missing some NVMe fixes.

Oh right, totally forgot to do that for you:

wonko at basket1:/var/adm$ head /etc/release ; uname -a
  OmniOS v11 r151016
  Copyright 2015 OmniTI Computer Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved.
  Use is subject to license terms.
SunOS basket1 5.11 omnios-073d8c0 i86pc i386 i86pc