[OmniOS-discuss] LUN (in)visibility

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Thu Dec 10 00:06:53 UTC 2015

> On Dec 9, 2015, at 6:41 PM, Tom Robinson <tom.robinson at motec.com.au> wrote:
>
> Yes, I was looking at either r151014 or r151016 yesterday. We will plan to do that upgrade. Is there
> an announce list as I was unaware that r151012 had reached end of service life.

Our release cycle is documented:

	http://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/ReleaseCycle

and on the omnios-discuss list, I announce EOSLs alongside new releases.

>> I'd recommend first getting up to date with either r151014 or r151016.  From there people can figure things out a little easier.
>
> I appreciate that we should be moving onto a supported platform but it would be good to know where I
> would even start to look for reasons why this is happening.

I'd be digging into the source code.  COMSTAR is a bit brittle sometimes.

One other thing you can do is restart COMSTAR:

	svcadm restart stmf

Other people have recently reported that one may also need to restart the iSCSI target as well:

	svcadm restart iscsi/target

And if you feel you need to start both, disable them, then re-enable them:

	svcadm disable -st stmf iscsi/target ; svcadm enable stmf iscsi/target

That may kicks things around enough without you rebooting everything on your storage box.