[OmniOS-discuss] Updates for LTS (r151014) and Stable (r151016)

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Thu Dec 17 01:38:23 UTC 2015

The updates for LTS and Stable are identical this time.  New release media is out, and if you "pkg update" you will need to reboot, because of kernel ZFS changes.

This update includes:

* BIND security update to 9.10.3-P2

* ZFS receives now replication streams with a refquota even if older snapshots exceed it (illumos 4986). Includes new ZFS Test Suite test.

* OpenSSH now integrates with the illumos audit subsystem. Thanks to Joyent, and this is part of getting OpenSSH to match SunSSH's integrated functionality.

* NVMe bugfixes (illumos 6466 and 6467).

Modulo disaster, this will be the last update for calendar year 2015.  After this week ends, I will be on vacation (just relaxing at home with my family), but I will be occasionally reading mail.  My latency will be VERY HIGH after COB Friday, US/Eastern.

Have an enjoyable holiday season, whatever you do or don't celebrate, and catch you in 2016!