[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS r151016 zone has difficulties shutting down

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Tue Dec 22 01:02:59 UTC 2015

I forgot to mention "zoneadm list -cv".  That would've shown the zone's state.

The pstack for zoneadmd showed this function:

http://src.illumos.org/source/xref/illumos-gate/usr/src/cmd/zoneadmd/zoneadmd.c#1089

is waiting for something to only exit a loop after a long wait.

I'm curious which of:  zone_get_state() failing or "zstate == ZONE_STATE_INSTALLED" fails?  That's why the "list -cv" would've been nice.

If this happens ever again, some more useful captures:

	ptree `pgrep -z <zonename>`

	pargs `pgrep -z <zonename>`

	pstack `pgrep -z <zonename>`

That'll be a LOT of output, BUT it may provide more clues.

Thanks for this, and sorry I don't have more immediately useful data.