[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS r151016 zone has difficulties shutting down

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Mon Dec 21 23:26:02 UTC 2015

>> Have others encountered this issue?  What can be done to fix it?
>
> This message is printed by zoneadmd.  If you or anyone else encounters this hang again, please do the following:
>
> 1.) While zoneadm is hung, check the console for the above message, you'll see a pid for zoneadmd (Bob's example was 17388).
>
> 2.) See if you can get the stack(s) of zoneadmd that reported the console master error:    pstack <PID>
>
> 3.) Grab a corefile of the zoneadmd:  gcore <PID>
>
> 4.) Share the corefile somehow.
>
> The pstack and core of the running/hung zoneadm(1M) command would also be useful, I think.

I captured some data (as described above) and have made it available
for anonymous ftp at
"ftp://ftp.simplesystems.org/pub/outgoing/omnios/zoneadmd/".  I did
this prior to updating the system due to suspecting that the problem
would be cured by rebooting the system.

As suspected, the problem was cured by rebooting the system.  Perhaps
the parent zoneadmd is confused about the state after the new zone has
been added and this confusion carries over to the child zoneadmd.

The creation of the zone follows the example from the OmniOS Wiki
except for the addition of a lofs mount.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn