[OmniOS-discuss] SECURITY UPDATE rsync to 3.1.2

Juraj Ziegler jz+omni at neexistuje.sk
Tue Dec 22 16:15:39 UTC 2015

> On 22.12.2015, at 2:29, Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> wrote:
>
> Hello!
>
> Thanks go out to Bob Friesenhahn for reminding me about today's rsync security update.  It is now pushed out for r151014 (LTS) and r151016 (Stable).
>
> Happy updating!
> Dan
>
> p.s. I'm officially on vacation the rest of this year, so pardon any latency increases until 2016.

Am I doing something wrong, or is something else wrong?
rsync is not updating for me.

As shown below, ‘pkg update -nv’ says there’s nothing to update.
pkg is subscribed to r151016 publisher.
rsync is 3.1.1.

(Personally, I don’t mind the vacation latency, but other users might be affected by this as well).

root at box:/root# rsync --version
rsync  version 3.1.1  protocol version 31
Copyright (C) 1996-2014 by Andrew Tridgell, Wayne Davison, and others.
Web site: http://rsync.samba.org/
Capabilities:
    64-bit files, 64-bit inums, 32-bit timestamps, 64-bit long ints,
    socketpairs, hardlinks, symlinks, IPv6, batchfiles, inplace,
    append, ACLs, xattrs, iconv, symtimes, no prealloc

rsync comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.  This is free software, and you
are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions.  See the GNU
General Public Licence for details.

root at box:/root# uname -a
SunOS box 5.11 omnios-b5093df i86pc i386 i86pc

root at box:/root# cat /etc/release
  OmniOS v11 r151016
  Copyright 2015 OmniTI Computer Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved.
  Use is subject to license terms.

root at box:/root# pkg publisher
PUBLISHER                   TYPE     STATUS P LOCATION
omnios                      origin   online F http://pkg.omniti.com/omnios/r151016/
ms.omniti.com               origin   online F http://pkg.omniti.com/omniti-ms/
niksula.hut.fi              origin   online F http://pkg.niksula.hut.fi/
omnios.blackdot.be              origin   online F http://omnios.blackdot.be/