[OmniOS-discuss] SECURITY UPDATE rsync to 3.1.2

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Tue Dec 22 16:47:35 UTC 2015

> On Dec 22, 2015, at 11:15 AM, Juraj Ziegler <jz+omni at neexistuje.sk> wrote:
>
> Am I doing something wrong, or is something else wrong?
> rsync is not updating for me.
>
> As shown below, ‘pkg update -nv’ says there’s nothing to update.
> pkg is subscribed to r151016 publisher.
> rsync is 3.1.1.
>
> (Personally, I don’t mind the vacation latency, but other users might be affected by this as well).

Where is your rsync coming from?  Utter this:

	pkg list rsync

and see if you have output.  Maybe you have your own version somewhere?  Maybe it's from one of the other publishers you mention:

> root at box:/root# pkg publisher
> PUBLISHER                   TYPE     STATUS P LOCATION
> omnios                      origin   online F http://pkg.omniti.com/omnios/r151016/
> ms.omniti.com               origin   online F http://pkg.omniti.com/omniti-ms/
> niksula.hut.fi              origin   online F http://pkg.niksula.hut.fi/
> omnios.blackdot.be              origin   online F http://omnios.blackdot.be/
> uulm.mawi                   origin   online F http://scott.mathematik.uni-ulm.de/release/
>
> root at box:/root# pkg update -nv
> No updates available for this image.

It's most certainly available:

	pkg list -avf -g http://pkg.omniti.com/omniti-ms/r151016 rsync

You should see two versions, 3.1.1 and 3.1.2.

I think your'e getting your rsync from one of the other publishers mentioned on your list.