[OmniOS-discuss] SECURITY UPDATE rsync to 3.1.2

Davide Poletto davide.poletto at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 21:37:49 UTC 2015

Just for information...on a r151014 (on which rsync was not installed) the
command:

pkg list -avf -g http://pkg.omniti.com/omniti-ms/r151014 rsync

provides:

Errors were encountered while attempting to retrieve package or file data
for
the requested operation.
Details follow:

http protocol error: code: 400 reason: Bad Request

The same result happens using the r151016 string instead of r151014.

Instead running:

pkg list -avf -g http://pkg.omniti.com/omnios/r151014 rsync

provides what is expected:

FMRI
IFO
pkg://omnios/network/rsync@3.1.2-0.151014:20151222T011609Z
---
pkg://omnios/network/rsync@3.1.1-0.151014:20150402T174523Z
---

So rsync could be provided by omnios publisher.

Looking at r151016:

pkg list -avf -g http://pkg.omniti.com/omnios/r151016 rsync

gives:

FMRI
IFO
pkg://omnios/network/rsync@3.1.2-0.151016:20151222T011220Z
---
pkg://omnios/network/rsync@3.1.1-0.151016:20151102T185945Z
---

Once rsync is installed (omnios publisher) invoking:

pkg list -avf -g http://pkg.omniti.com/omnios/r151014 rsync

provides:

FMRI
IFO