[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS stops acting as a DHCP client

Michael Mounteney gate03 at landcroft.co.uk
Sun Dec 27 04:49:49 UTC 2015

On Wed, 4 Nov 2015 06:24:41 -0500 Gary Gendel <gary at genashor.com> wrote:

> Try snooping the nic to see if you get the appropriate DHCP messages
> flowing in and out of the box.  Make sure you don't have an ipfilter
> rule blocking this traffic.  You might try to shut down ipfilter just
> to see if it got in the way.

Gary, you were right.  At first I dismissed your solution because I
reasoned that I had not altered the ipfilter rule set so why would it
block the DHCP request when it never did before?  But I had run the
initial DHCP request early during configuration **before configuring
ipfilter**.

The actual problem is the lack of a port=68 rule to let the
lease-response through.