[OmniOS-discuss] Zone Discrepancy

Michael omnios.discuss at virtualunix.eu
Fri Feb 13 09:56:23 UTC 2015

I've run into this issue a couple of times under different
circumstances. In my original setup I used a template zone and then
created a number of zones that were cloned from it. Somewhere along the
line one of the clones would become promoted instead, which messed
things up somewhat if I wanted to create a new clone from the template
zone.

After a hardware upgrade I decided to use full installs for each zone
instead of cloning to avoid the above situation, recently I saw the same
thing happen again, ie after initial install
zones/tmpl0   ~500MB
zones/<zone>0 ~500MB
zones/<zone>1 ~500MB

and now
zones/tmpl0   ~30MB
zones/<zone>0 ~500MB
zones/<zone>1 ~1000MB

None of the zones had been detached when I noticed this,
detaching/attaching/updating didn't change anything. While it's not such
a big deal in this scenario because I'm not cloning (at this time) I
can't see why this is occurring in the first place. Is this something
anyone else is experiencing or any pointers in how to remedy this?

Michael