[OmniOS-discuss] 3ware LSI 9750-16i4e

CJ Keist cj.keist at colostate.edu
Mon Feb 16 23:44:59 UTC 2015

Hello,
    Looking for anyone that might have used this raid controller card?
LSI web page states the raid controller is supported for OpenSolaris,
but I'm not having any luck getting OmniOS 151012 to see any defined
drives from the raid card.

I've tried to install driver from LSI but get the following error:
root at projects1:/root/install/intel/Solaris11# pkgadd -d .

The following packages are available:
   1  mrsas     LSI MegaRAID SAS 2.0 HBA driver
                (i386) 6.602.03.00

Select package(s) you wish to process (or 'all' to process
all packages). (default: all) [?,??,q]:

Processing package instance <mrsas> from </root/install/intel/Solaris11>

LSI MegaRAID SAS 2.0 HBA driver(i386) 6.602.03.00
Copyright (c) 2008-2009, LSI Logic Corporation.
All rights reserved.

## Executing checkinstall script.
pkgparam: ERROR: unable to locate parameter information for "mrsas"
A previous instance of mrsas driver  found in the system.
Use 'pkgrm mrsas' to remove the previous mrsas package and then do a pkgadd.
checkinstall script suspends

Installation of <mrsas> was suspended (administration).
No changes were made to the system.

Try to remove the SUNWmrsas package gets me this:

root at projects1:/root# pkgrm SUNWmrsas

The following package is currently installed:
    SUNWmrsas  LSI MegaRAID SAS2.0 HBA Driver
               (i386) 11.11,REV=2009.11.11

Do you want to remove this package? [y,n,?,q] y
pkgrm: ERROR: unable to change current working directory to
</var/sadm/pkg/SUNWmrsas/install>

Removal of <SUNWmrsas> failed (internal error).
No changes were made to the system.

Anything I'm missing here?

C. J. Keist                     Email: cj.keist at colostate.edu
Systems Group Manager           Solaris 10 OS (SAI)
Engineering Network Services    Phone: 970-491-0630
College of Engineering, CSU     Fax:   970-491-5569
Ft. Collins, CO 80523-1301

All I want is a chance to prove 'Money can't buy happiness'