[OmniOS-discuss] Dell vs. Supermicro and any recommendations..

Andrew Gabriel illumos at cucumber.demon.co.uk
Wed Feb 18 14:09:56 UTC 2015

In customers I've dealt with, if there isn't a binding data center
policy in place for one or the other, it's usually a trade-off between
TCO, and the differing field service offerings with respect to mean time
to repair (which can be very location-specific). This can also be
influenced by the ability of your own data center staff to
diagnose/repair hardware faults and your own spares holding, and of
course the availability requirements of your systems.