[OmniOS-discuss] UPCOMING: End of Support Life approaching for OmniOS r151010

Theo Schlossnagle jesus at omniti.com
Fri Feb 20 16:32:42 UTC 2015

You know what would be nice?  an omnios.omniti.com/releases web page that
has the release name, date and EOL

[r151006 : LTS]
[birth <date>]
[end-of-life <date>]

[r151010 : stable]
[birth <date>]
[end-of-life 2015-04-01]

[r151013 : bloody]
[birth <date>]
[not supported]

[r151014 : LTS]
[birth "we're expecting"]
[end-of-life <date>]

We could make that nice an pretty and I think it would be very useful.

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 11:16 AM, Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> wrote:

> Sometime during Q2CY2015 (no earlier than April 1st), OmniOS r151014 will
> be released.  At that time, support for r151010 ("previous stable") will be
> discontinued.  This is in accordance with the OmniOS release cycle:
>
>         http://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/ReleaseCycle
>
> If you can, please upgrade to r151012.  We *should* be able to allow a
> jump from r151010 to r151014, as we must support a jump from r151012 to 014
> AND from 006 to 014 (because r151014 will also be the next Long-Term
> Support release).
>
> As I mentioned the last time, beadm(1M) is your friend.  Creating backup
> BEs in case of mistakes is easy.
>
> Thank you,
> Dan McDonald -- OmniOS Engineering

Theo Schlossnagle