[OmniOS-discuss] UPCOMING: End of Support Life approaching for OmniOS r151010

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Fri Feb 20 19:58:55 UTC 2015

Hi Dan,

Today Dan McDonald wrote:

> Sometime during Q2CY2015 (no earlier than April 1st), OmniOS
> r151014 will be released.  At that time, support for r151010
> ("previous stable") will be discontinued.  This is in accordance
> with the OmniOS release cycle:
>
> 	http://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/ReleaseCycle
>
> If you can, please upgrade to r151012.  We *should* be able to
> allow a jump from r151010 to r151014, as we must support a jump
> from r151012 to 014 AND from 006 to 014 (because r151014 will
> also be the next Long-Term Support release).
>
> As I mentioned the last time, beadm(1M) is your friend.  Creating
> backup BEs in case of mistakes is easy.

I do not have a spare machine to test this, but if the dramatic
network io performance regression for kvm present in r151012 has
not been fixed in r151014 then we will be stranded on r151010.

Judging from the echo on the ML, not many people seem to see this
problem, or care about it.

cheers
tobi

www.oetiker.ch tobi at oetiker.ch +41 62 775 9902