[OmniOS-discuss] Who alters /etc/profile or /etc/.login on their boxes?

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Sat Feb 28 03:58:35 UTC 2015

I will raise my hand here. I really wish upstream would've accepted the
proposal for /etc/profile.d, as that would remove my need to edit the
default system stuff <sigh>. What a bike shed that turned into 8-/.

Any thoughts on incorporating such a change into omnios? The final decision
on the illumos discuss list as I recall was that distributions should just
do it themselves if they wanted to...