[OmniOS-discuss] big zfs storage?

Ian Kaufman ikaufman at eng.ucsd.edu
Thu Jul 9 21:37:17 UTC 2015

Hi Linda,

I have two dual-headed OmniOS system attached to two 60 bay JBODs w/
3TB drives. Using raidz2 and hot spares, each JBOD has about 106TB
usable, and i use a single filesystem per JBOD. We may or may not add
another JBOD, but we will be expanding into the PB realm eventually. I
use napp-it to make things easier to manage, and I will start testing
some HA/Failover.

I also have two ~70TB usable systems.

Ian

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 2:21 PM, Linda Kateley <lkateley at kateley.com> wrote:
> Hey is there anyone out there running big zfs on omni?
>
> I have been doing mostly zol and freebsd for the last year but have to build
> a 300+TB box and i want to come back home to roots(solaris). Feeling kind of
> hesitant :) Also, if you had to do over, is there anything you would do
> different.
>
> Also, what is the go to HBA these days? Seems like i saw stable code for lsi
> 3008?
>
> TIA
>
> linda

Ian Kaufman
Research Systems Administrator
UC San Diego, Jacobs School of Engineering ikaufman AT ucsd DOT edu