[OmniOS-discuss] pkgsrc-current OmniOS 170cea2/i386 2015-07-09 21:35

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Tue Jul 14 01:14:38 UTC 2015

> On Jul 13, 2015, at 5:11 PM, Sevan / Venture37 <venture37 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Where can I get the release number (the r151014) from the system? (I'm
> currently unable to reach the OmniOS zone I'm using to check for
> myself)

/etc/release.  (Yes, this even works in zones.)

>> Is there anything we can fix to help these move along?
>
> I'd like to propose a fix for the gettext issue but I've not been able
> to get very far with the buildctl tool in omnios-build. It appears to
> be incapable of generating a repo or utilising a pre-prepared repo for
> me (I used  a different path for the location of my repo if that makes
> any difference).

To rebuild gettext from omnios-build:

	Set the PKGSRVR environment variable to be where your repo lives.  e.g. file:///data/builder/builder.repo/

	cd $PATH_TO/omnios-build/build

	./buildctl build gettext

Say no to pkglint and say yes to publication, verifying that PKGSRVR was set in your environment.

> I wanted to evaluate the solution proposed previously in this thread
> that is to rebuild gettext with -rpath specified which includes the
> lib directory of the GCC with building with so that libgomp can be
> found.
> Happy to get a pull request in for the change necessary once I've
> worked out what's needed.

We take 'em in omnios-build.

> The gettext issue is not present in SmartOS and is specific to OmniOS.

Weird... as I don't see any changes in the libc callers:

bloody(~/ws)[0]% diff -r illumos-{gate,joyent}/usr/src/lib/libc/port/i18n/
bloody(~/ws)[0]% diff -r illumos-{omnios,joyent}/usr/src/lib/libc/port/i18n/
bloody(~/ws)[0]%

> Building specifically on the various distros is of benefit to pkgsrc
> because it builds against another version of toolchain on each distro.
> One of the proposed solutions has been to ignore everything & rebuild
> from scratch using components in pkgsrc. - This would cause a
> substantial delay in bootstrap time get everything built.
> Another proposal was to patch pkgsrc so that gettext bundled is
> ignored and replaced with the version in pkgsrc - theres an effort to
> generate a patch for that.
>
> I personally would rather get the gettext fixed upstream (in OmniOS)
> and there doesn't need any work around in the pkgsrc tree or having to
> recreate the user land components to work around a single component.

I'm game for any changes.  Your best bet is to modify $PATH_TO/omnios-build/build/gettext/build.sh.