[OmniOS-discuss] pkgsrc-current OmniOS 170cea2/i386 2015-07-09 21:35

Sevan / Venture37 venture37 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 12:02:28 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 14 July 2015 at 02:14, Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> wrote:
> /etc/release.  (Yes, this even works in zones.)

I sent another diff for review using
/usr/bin/awk '{ if (!seen) { print $$3; seen=1 } }' /etc/release
to pull the release info out.
Unfortunately I didn't restart my build which was in progress so the
latest report still contains the previous convention.

>>> Is there anything we can fix to help these move along?
>>
>> I'd like to propose a fix for the gettext issue but I've not been able
>> to get very far with the buildctl tool in omnios-build. It appears to
>> be incapable of generating a repo or utilising a pre-prepared repo for
>> me (I used  a different path for the location of my repo if that makes
>> any difference).
>
> To rebuild gettext from omnios-build:
>
>         Set the PKGSRVR environment variable to be where your repo lives.  e.g. file:///data/builder/builder.repo/
>
>         cd $PATH_TO/omnios-build/build
>
>         ./buildctl build gettext
>
> Say no to pkglint and say yes to publication, verifying that PKGSRVR was set in your environment.

Haven't had a chance to play with this yet, but with just the
temporary work around using crle that was mentioned previously, the
package count is considerably higher

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-bulk/2015/07/18/msg011844.html

Total number of packages:      16536
  Successfully built:          13398

:)

It was 8961 previously.

> Weird... as I don't see any changes in the libc callers:
>
> bloody(~/ws)[0]% diff -r illumos-{gate,joyent}/usr/src/lib/libc/port/i18n/
> bloody(~/ws)[0]% diff -r illumos-{omnios,joyent}/usr/src/lib/libc/port/i18n/
> bloody(~/ws)[0]%

Would things have been out of sync in the early days of the docker stuff?

> I'm game for any changes.  Your best bet is to modify $PATH_TO/omnios-build/build/gettext/build.sh.

Cool, I'll follow up again soon.

Sevan