[OmniOS-discuss] For developers - the dmake-in-illumos flag day

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Tue Jul 14 01:34:09 UTC 2015

Hello folks who use OmniOS to build illumos-{omnios,gate}!

Y'all have likely seen Rich Lowe's flag day announcement.  The developer/build/make package is now in illumos-gate (and the master branch of illumos-omnios).  Sometime in the next 48 hours I plan to update the bloody IPS repo server with new bits that embrace this flag day.

What used to be developer/build/make will now be built in illumos-omnios, and contain less bits.  To that end, two new packages:

	developer/as

	developer/versioning/sccs

have been created.  "developer/as" is a BIT of a misnomer, as it includes other closed-source binaries as well:

bloody(~)[0]% pkg contents developer/as
PATH
usr/bin/as
usr/lib/amd64
usr/lib/amd64/libtdf.so
usr/lib/amd64/libtdf.so.1
usr/lib/amd64/libxprof.so
usr/lib/amd64/libxprof.so.1
usr/lib/amd64/libxprof_audit.so
usr/lib/amd64/libxprof_audit.so.1
usr/lib/libtdf.so
usr/lib/libtdf.so.1
usr/lib/libxprof.so
usr/lib/libxprof.so.1
usr/lib/libxprof_audit.so
usr/lib/libxprof_audit.so.1
bloody(~)[0]%

I may choose to split those out further, but for the next bloody build, it'll stay like that.

IF you are attempting to build the world of omnios-build or all of OOod, you will be unpleasantly surprised.  There are chicken & egg problems to overcome.  I've done it for you, and when the next update of bloody happens, you'll be just fine building the new world order of things.

Thanks, and watch this space for an update to bloody.