[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS bloody update

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Tue Jul 14 18:56:00 UTC 2015

As I previously wrote...

> On Jul 13, 2015, at 9:34 PM, Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> wrote:
>
> IF you are attempting to build the world of omnios-build or all of OOod, you will be unpleasantly surprised.  There are chicken & egg problems to overcome.  I've done it for you, and when the next update of bloody happens, you'll be just fine building the new world order of things.
>
> Thanks, and watch this space for an update to bloody.

Here's your update for bloody!  Bloody users can & should "pkg update".  I pushed out all of the bits this time, so you will have to "pkg update pkg" before doing a full blown update.

illumos-omnios was built from master, commit cc0bbb2.  Highlights include:

- dmake is now built in illumos-{gate,omnios}.

- rpcgen doesn't generate absolute #includes.

- ZFS fixes from upstream

- man page corrections

omnios-build was built from master, commit 4be148b.  Highlights include:

- New developer/versioning/sccs and developer/as packages that MUST BE INSTALLED by developers who used to expect those binaries from developer/build/make.

- OpenSSL to 1.0.2d (already released when it was announced, though).

- Fixes to openssh to allow better usage on OmniOS. (Thank you Lauri "lotheac" Tirkkonen)

- Git updated to 2.4.5

- NTP to 4.2.8p3 (also already released when it was announced).

Happy updating!
Dan

p.s. Don't forget about developer/as and developer/versioning/sccs, developers!