[OmniOS-discuss] LX Branded Zones

Marion Hakanson hakansom at ohsu.edu
Fri Jul 31 21:01:23 UTC 2015

danmcd at omniti.com said:
> I will need to reinvent that wheel because of installation.  Where do I get
> bits to do "zoneadm -z lx-zone install" from, for example?
>
> I like the idea of pre-built supported images (which are ZFS snapshots, or
> modified ZFS snapshot for vmadm(1M) in SmartOS).  I'm imagining a few
> additional zone properties for an lx zone.  (While I have that patient open,
> I may also do a zoneadm/zonecfg-style "KVM" zone as well, depending...)

It's been a long time since I did this, but I recall that there were
pre-built Linux images that you pointed to at install time.

I still have a Solaris-10_x86 branded zone that runs on an OpenIndiana
machine.  I think it was necessary to create a CPIO image (or maybe a
flar image?) of a Solaris-10_x86 system (metal) in order to create
that zone.  Again, recalling from long-paged-out neurons here....

But the image management was done outside of zonecfg/zoneadm.

Regards,

Marion