[OmniOS-discuss] CIFS File Lock Problems

Jorge Schrauwen sjorge+ml at blackdot.be
Fri Mar 6 19:01:54 UTC 2015

Hi Auron,

I run the in-kernel CIFS too. I hit the same problem at home (plex
accssing a large file share).
I did not comment because I did not have a fix :(

Gwr is upsteaming some of the smb bits, if I am not mistaken. There are
a lot of goodies in the Nexenta tree and Joyent tree that would rock if
they got upstreamed.

I played with Samba4 for a bit but ended up back on in-kernel CIFS for
ease of use. That was also the original reason i switched to OmniOS :)

Goodluck on your quest for a solution

Jorge