[OmniOS-discuss] CIFS File Lock Problems

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Fri Mar 6 19:50:01 UTC 2015

We are currently running 3.6.25, we haven't made the jump to 4 yet.

> there a package I can install or do I need to build it myself?

Personally we build it from source via pkgsrc. However, you might be able to use the precompiled pkgsrc binaries from Joyent if you prefer.

>  Is there any sort of
> documentation showing how to get Samba working with AD on OmniOS?

It's basically the exact same as getting samba to work on any OS, so pretty much any guide you find on the Internet should be usable. Here is our current config:

[global]
        allow trusted domains = no
        enable privileges = no
        deadtime = 10
        debug pid = yes
        disable netbios = yes
        enable privileges = no
        idmap config * : backend = nss
        idmap config * : range = 2147483648-2147483648
        idmap config WIN : backend = nss
        idmap config WIN : range = 1000-2147483647
        lanman auth = no
        load printers = no
        log level = 1
        map archive = no
        name resolve order = host
        realm = WIN.CSUPOMONA.EDU
        restrict anonymous = 1
        security = ads
        server signing = auto
        show add printer wizard = no
        workgroup = WIN
        writable = yes
        max log size = 512000
        unix extensions = no
        vfs objects = shadow_copy2 zfsacl
        shadow: snapdir = .zfs/snapshot
        shadow: format = backup-%Y.%m.%d-%H.%M.%S
        shadow: sort = desc
        shadow: localtime = yes
        nfs4: mode = special
        multicast dns register = no