[OmniOS-discuss] CIFS File Lock Problems

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Fri Mar 6 19:58:02 UTC 2015

I don't think anybody thinks any of the distributions are screwing the
community :), they've released their code changes, which is really the only
obligation they have. Particularly for changes like the Nexenta SMB2 stuff,
they are so complicated and  divergent from upstream it's really difficult
to get them in, and it's understandable particularly for a commercial
company that it's not a high priority. While I certainly might whine and
sigh and say stuff like "I wish those SMB2 updates would get upstreamed" I'm
not blaming anybody for not doing it :).

I'm sure I speak for everybody on the list that we really appreciate all of
the work you do, particularly the help and support you provide above and
beyond the responsibilities of your day job, and in no way expect you to do
everything for everybody ;). Thanks!